Sprint Nextel and Motorola Break New Ground in Rugged Phone Market with the i580The PhoneDog - Mascot
“Sprint Nextel recognizes that business customers in industries like construction, transportation and field services often experience harsh weather conditions or the need for documenting proof of work,” said Danny Bowman, vice president of product marketing for Sprint. “With first-in-its-class features like an embedded camera, Bluetooth wireless technology and military-level rain resistance, the i580 is the total package for extending the workplace.”
“At Motorola, we constantly strive to deliver products that are as remarkable as their users -- whose lives are fast paced and demanding -- and the Motorola i580 is designed to live with them, through tough weather conditions or less than optimal treatment,” said Peter Aloumanis, general manager, U.S. Markets Division, Motorola’s iDEN® Mobile Devices.
The Motorola i580 provides Sprint’s unmatched Nextel Walkie-Talkie capabilities, allowing for instant one-on-one, group and off-network communication with the touch of a button. The most complete ruggedized phone yet, the i580 contains notable features such as:
- 1.3 megapixel digital camera with video record functionality—the i580 is the first ruggedized iDEN clam style handset to offer an integrated 1.3 megapixel digital camera, producing high-quality images, a self-timer, up to 4X digital zoom and an LED light that can light up an image in a range up to 2 feet in low light conditions.
- Removable micro SD card slot - Store images, MP3 files, and video to removable micro SD memory cards. 64MB card included.
- Bluetooth® wireless technology*
- GPS support - Get step-by-step driving directions, trip planning and more when you add GPS-based applications like TeleNav, MapQuest FindMe and Trimble Outdoors.**
- Large, internal color display
- Support for advanced walkie-talkie capabilities including Direct Send™ contacts and pictures.
- Messaging services – send or receive multimedia and/or text and voice messages.**
- Front ported audio support – equipped with dual, frontal speakers