T-Mobile G2xThe PhoneDog - Mascot
- 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor makes the phone fly
- 4-inch display is an excellent balance between "too tiny" and "too large"
- 8-megapixel camera shoots 1080p video
- Upgrade to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) makes the device even faster
- HSPA+ speeds have been consistently strong
- No notification light
- Battery life is decent, but still falls behind devices like the iPhone
The T-Mobile G2x is one of the best Android smartphones on the market at the moment. As if the dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor wasn't enough, the upgrade to stock Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) makes the phone fly through everyday tasks with ease. Seriously, it's unusually fast. The 4-inch display, while nothing special, is an excellent balance between 3.7 and 4.3 inches, and the 8-megapixel camera does an excellent job shooting 1080p video. It comes in behind the HTC Amaze 4G and Samusng Galaxy S II, but if you're buying now and want a stock Android experience, the G2x is the way to go.