Verizon and AT&T to increase text messaging rates!
Yes sadly its true, both Verizon and AT&T will be raising their ?per message? rates starting March 2nd and March 30th respectively. Verizon will be raising the SMS rate from $0.15 cents to send and receive up to $0.20, but surprisingly the picture messaging rate will remain unchanged at $0.25 cents/message.
Unfortunately AT&T customers are going to be hit with a double whammy as both text/instant messaging and multimedia services will increase by $0.05 cents from the current rate of $0.15 and $.025 cent respectively.
It might be a good time to contact customer service to make sure you are on the right plan to avoid unnecessary charges.
Verizon text messaging plans options:
(All include unlimited in network messaging)
- $5/month - 250 Text/picture messages (10/15? cents/add'l msg)
- $10/month -500 Text/picture messages (10 cents/add'l msg)
- $15/month -1500 Text/picture messages (10 cents/add'l msg)
- $20/month ? 5000 Text/picture messages (10 cents/add'l msg)
AT&T text messaging plans options:
- $5/month - 200 Text/picture messages (10 cents/add'l msg)
- $15/month ? 1500 Text/picture messages (5 cents/add'l msg)
- $20/month ? Unlimited Text/picture messages
- $30/month ? Unlimited Text/picture messages for families