US Cellular product roadmap: HTC Touch Pro, BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, and moreAaron Baker - Editor In-Chief
forums, rumor has it that a slew of new phones will be arriving on U.S. Cellular in the coming months:Years ago, new phones would launch on the nation's largest wireless carriers, and the regional companies would be left in the dark until the phone was near oblivion. Today, companies like MetroPCS, Cricket, and U.S. Cellular receive phones almost as quickly as the larger carriers do (case in point: Cricket and the Motorola Evoke QA4). Found deep within the PhoneArena
- The HTC Touch Pro will be the first to arrive, currently slated for an April 17th release. Offering Windows Mobile 6.1, ? 2.8-inch touchscreen with VGA resolution, 3.2-megapixel camera, and a sliding QWERTY keyboard, the device will be a much needed replacement to the HTC Mogul.
- The Samsung Gloss U440 offers a design very similar to the LG Lotus. Complete with a 1.3 megapixel camera, QWERTY keyboard, and stereo Bluetooth, it will be available in 'Chocolate' and 'White' colors at launch.
- The Samsung R311 is targeted for entry level users and will offer Bluetooth, along with a camera. It is slated for a mid-May release.
- The LG UX840, which we presume is an upgrade from the UX830, has a 3-inch QVGA touchscreen, QWERTY keyboard, 3 megapixel camera, and a full HTML browser to boot. The device is also slated for a June release.
- Finally, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230, will arrive on the carrier in mid-June. The CDMA variant of the 8220, the device will offer a 2 megapixel camera, stereo Bluetooth and a microSD card slot. As the fourth BlackBerry to enter U.S. Cellular's lineup, we're sure it will be a welcome addition to the family.