If you?re a Sidekick fan, then chances are you've been waiting for the 2009 version (code name: Blade) for what seems like forever now. Well, today's your lucky day. T-Mobile is opening up pre-orders online for the new Sidekick LX, which ? like Noah mentioned ? drops nationwide on May 13 in select T-Mo stores and online.
The phone comes in Carbon or Orchid, and will cost you $199 with a two-year contract and mail-in-rebate. Here's what you get for the money:
- Integrated social networking, which puts automatic updates for Facebook, MySpace and Twitter right on the home screen.
- GPS-enabled Live Search, so users can locate nearby stores or cafés, share fav locales with friends, or check real-time traffic, gas prices or movie showtimes.
- 3.2 MP vid/camera for recording and uploading to social networking sites.
- Audio and video streaming
- Hi-speed Web with support for T-Mo's HSDPA 3G network.
- And according to the press release, it's got the largest, brightest screen ever on a T-Mo device. At 3.2 inches, the F-WVGA screen features a high-def LCD with 854x480 res.
- 1GB microSD card (included)
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP (stereo BT, file transfer and BT printing)
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE worldphone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Dimensions: 5.1 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches; 5.7 ounces
- Support for Microsoft Exchange is on the way. (Once the phone's released on a full retail basis, users will be able to get Exchange Active Sync support from the Sidekick's Download Catalog.)
So if you're the type who likes texting your fingers off or staying up-to-date with multiple social networks, you will definitely want to consider pre-ordering. Otherwise, you'll have to wait in line. (Don't let it happen to you: Lines were nuts at last year's handset debut. Seriously, you might as well just bring a blankie and pillow.)