HTC Imagio: Verizon launches WinMo 6.5 touchscreen and Mobile TV beastNoah Kravitz - Member
Verizon and HTC debuted the Imagio just now. Yes, it's been leaked and you've seen the leaked photos already, but you gotta see this thing in person to appreciate it. I have, and it's pretty cool; imagine a Touch Pro2 minus the keyboard, done up in black on black with just a hint of ruggedness about it. Imagio will hit Verizon's online shop October 6 and brick-and-mortar outlets Oct. 20, for $199.99 on contract after a $100 mail-in rebate. And, yes, it'll be sporting Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional when it ships.
The part that wasn't leaked? Imagio will support Verizon's V CAST Mobile TV on its giant 3.6" WVGA touchscreen. So you've got WIndows Mobile 6.5, you've got TouchFlo 3D, and you've got mobile TV all in a stealhy black package that's not only pretty thin, but also rocks a flip-out kickstand/antenna to make it easier to watch Ellen and Tyra - or whatever it is you watch - on the go.
Straight from the press release, here are some "Key features" of Imagio (their words, not mine):
- Global roaming capabilities with data access in more than 185 destinations (Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + 2100 HSPA)
- High-speed connectivity in the United States over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A 800/1900 MHz)
- Support for Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- Large 3.6” LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution
- 3.5-mm audio jack and five quick launch buttons, including one-touch access to multimedia capabilities
- On-screen QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typing
- 1500 mAh battery delivers extended operating time
And that V CAST TV service? $15/month extra, just so you know.