inPulse Smartwatch for BlackBerry available for pre-order; shipping in FebruaryAaron Baker - Member
Remember the BlackBerry-themed watch that I reported on last week? Looks like it's set and ready to go. The inPulse Smartwatch for BlackBerry offers a 1.3-inch OLED display, Bluetooth 2.0, and a 150 mAh battery. Acting as a supplement to your trusty 'Berry, it offers the ability to receive e-mails, SMS, calendar and alarm notifications, caller ID, and Twitter notifications from the watch display.
From the "FAQ" page of the website, here's some more concrete information:
- Under "normal" use, the battery should last for about four days
- The device can charge in 30 minutes (via micro-USB)
- It isn't water resistant (it can withstand "mild splashes")
- The device is read-only, meaning that you can't write messages on the watch, etc.
- It supports any BlackBerry with OS 4.3 and up
The inPulse smartwatch can be pre-ordered for $149.99, and will be shipping in February 2010. Anyone jumping out of their seats for one? If I'm reading correctly, you don't have to commit to buying it until the company provides a firm shipping date, so you're not out of $149 today.