Are you a fisherman, hunter, hiker, or climber? If so, the Casio G'zOne (which is actually pronounced "jeez one") Rock is the device for you. Offering EVDO Rev. A, stereo Bluetooth, Push to Talk, 2.0-megapixel camera with video capabilities, microSD card slot (with support for up to a 16 GB card), and touch-sensitive music controls, the G'zOne meets military specifications for water, shock, dust, vibration, humidity, salt fog, solar radiation, altitude, and high and low temperature storage (MIL-STD-810F).
The G'zOne Rock will be available on November 20th (tomorrow) for $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and new two-year customer agreement. The full press release can be found below. Motorola Barrage or the Casio G'zOne Rock - which one tickles your fancy?
VERIZON WIRELESS GOES RUGGED WITH THE CASIO G’ZONE ROCK
Rugged Design and G’zGear Software Help Customers Tackle Life’s Obstacles
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and NEW YORK – Verizon Wireless and CASIO today introduced the new CASIO® G’zOne (pronounced Jeez_wun) Rock™ to Verizon Wireless’ growing line-up of rugged phones. Perfect for customers with active lifestyles, the Rock’s advanced G’zGear software operates in six modes, including Earth Compass, Walking Counter, Thermometer, Astro Calendar, Sunrise Sunset and Tides, with the help of its Triple Sensor technology. Whether your lifestyle has the demands of an avid fisher, hunter, hiker or climber, the Rock is prepared to handle life’s most challenging obstacles while providing directional information, Push to Talk capabilities and connectivity over the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G network.
Available color: Matte black
- Tough Technology design that can withstand water, shock, dust, vibration, humidity, salt fog, solar radiation, altitude, and high and low temperature storage (conforms to MIL-STD-810F)
- 2.0 megapixel camera with still flash, video capture and LED light
- Stereo Bluetooth®
- Touch-sensitive music controls on the sub-display
- One-touch open button
- Clear Talk
- Push to Talk capabilities that leverage Verizon Wireless’ Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network for fast two-way communication
- G’zGear (six outdoor applications)
- Earth Compass – functions as a standard compass; GPS shows the distance from and directions to over 40 domestic and worldwide locations
- Walking Counter – measures steps, time, distance, speed and energy consumption
- Thermometer – shows current temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Astro Calendar – provides the moon’s age and days until a full or new moon
- Sunrise/Sunset – shows the current time and position of the sun and times for sunrise and sunset for current, past and future dates; allows you to view times for select major cities; shows the ratio of day and night in numbers and graphs
- Tides – shows the tidal graph for the day; shows the time of ebb and flood tides; shows the time of sunrise and sunset; shows past and future sea tide levels; shows tidal graphs for 100 locations made available by Surfline’s webcams, and GPS will show the nearest location; shows the current tide and the best time for fishing
- Supports Verizon Wireless services, including V CAST Music with Rhapsody, V CAST Video and VZ NavigatorSM
- microSD™ storage up to 16 GB for high-quality photos, music and more
- Speakerphone with front-facing stereo speaker
- Field Force Manager-capable – a resource management tool that provides businesses with the ability to locate and communicate with their mobile field workers
Pricing and availability:
- The CASIO G’zOne Rock is $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Verizon Wireless customers can add Unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month per line to any qualifying Nationwide voice plan.
- Customers can purchase the CASIO G’zOne Rock beginning Nov. 20 online at www.verizonwireless.com, through business sales channels, or by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Nov. 30.
- For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.