If you've watched Noah's HTC HD2 videos, he often references Windows Mobile as the bottleneck of an otherwise great device. Like him, I couldn't agree more - as I've said before, I'd love to see Android running on the HD2's hardware. The HTC A9292 with WiMAX was rumored for Sprint a few days ago, and it looks like some additional details have emerged. Hang onto your hat, folks - according to the tipster, this puppy is running Android.
Here is what we have so far:
- The codename is rumored to be "Supersonic."
- Is said to offer a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. No exact specifications were given.
- A kickstand is included on the back of the device.
- It runs Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI.
- Engadget's tipster saw the unit in white, though retail devices could offer several color choices.
- The phone's software stack is said to be incredibly buggy, and as such, no release date has been confirmed.
- The processor is unknown, but is said to be "Snapdragon fast."
Music to my nerdy ears. Anyone else agree?
Via Engadget Mobile