Leaked T-Mobile roadmap reveals new Android phones, device updates
Whenever a phone leaks, we're excited to get some information on a new, previously unseen device. When an entire roadmap leaks, though, we get a glimpse at several upcoming devices and updates. Thanks to a tipster that contacted the folks over at Android Spin, we've now got a good idea of when to expect some new handsets and updates to hit T-Mobile. What we're looking at is a bunch of Android devices as well as OS updates for some current devices. The breakdown is as follows:
- Motorola CHARM and Samsung Vibrant releasing on July 21st
- HTC myTouch 3G, Motorola CLIQ and CLIQ XT getting the update to Android 2.1 in August
- HTC Vanguard release on September 9th (could be the rumored HSPA+ device we heard about earlier today), as well as an update to the Motorola CHARM around the same time
- HTC Emerald, Motorola Jordan, and Motorola Begonia(?) around November 5th
- HTC Shubert(?) around November 17th
Remember that, as with all rumors, this could be totally fake, so I hope you've got a good helping of salt nearby to take with this news. Still, some of the dates have lined up with what we've heard previously, such as the release of the Samsung Vibrant, so this roadmap does have an bit of legitimacy going for it. Some of the names are hard to make out, so don't take the names listed above as final or definite, but everything revealed so far is very interesting. T-Mobile could potentially have quite a few big hits in the remainder of 2010, and with all of the little green Androids in the photo above, fans of the platform should definitely keep an eye on the magenta carrier.