If you're not exactly up to swallowing the tough knot of an expensive on-contract phone, Sprint now has a solution for you! As of yesterday, Sprint has started a Certified Pre-Owned Device Program and are offering three phones to be sold on contract for a wallet-friendly price. You can now purchase the BlackBerry Tour, the Sanyo Juno (in pink and blue), and the Samsung Reclaim in earth green as pre-owned devices. The pricing structure for these phones is as follows:
- BlackBerry Tour at $79.99, and
- Samsung Reclaim in green and Sanyo 2700 (Juno) in pink and blue are each available for $49.99.
- Customers with a new two year contract can get the Hero & Tour at $29.99 and the green Reclaim or pink & blue 2700 for FREE.
If you're worried about the condition of a refurbished phone, never fear! The phones go through rigorous testing and are re-manufactured if necessary, and set back to OEM standards. Every Sprint pre-owned certified devices is:
- Prepared for resale by facilities certified by the original manufacturer of the device.
- Subjected to a comprehensive 30-plus point quality checklist to ensure compliance with Sprint standards,
- Inspected for any cosmetic defects to make sure your device looks like new
- Returned to factory default settings, and
- Updated to the most current system software.
Sprint is offering this program to help give devices a "second life" and helps them achieve their recycling goals. You have to hand it to Sprint, their ambitions toward recycling and reusing devices is respectable and for a great cause. If you're not totally against owning a refurbished device, you could consider purchasing a Sprint certified pre-owned device next time you upgrade and help achieve a greater good.