PhoneDog Media ExclusiveDownload iM5, now available in the App Store and Google Play
. iM5 is a PhoneDog Media backed Social Platform to inspire real-life action through the crowdsourcing of ideas. See the video
Verizon has made several changes to their messaging phone line-up within the past few months. They stopped selling their top three messaging phones and now have taken a couple of other phones off the list. That means it's time again for PhoneDog to update its Top Messaging Phones list for Verizon.
The LG Octane managed to hold its position at number one. It's hard to beat the Octane's solid build quality, popular clamshell design, and 3.2 megapixel camera and flash. We've added the LG Cosmos Touch as well as the Samsung Intensity 2. The Cosmos Touch has been highly anticipated by our readers, and it didn't disappoint. Its touchscreen great, and a fun feature, we might add, and it has the same decent keyboard that the original Cosmos came with. Rounding out the list is the Intensity 2. The specs may not seem like the best, but it's definitely a stylish device and still has a good physical keyboard for those who do a lot of texting.
Check out the updated list below and tell us what you think in the comments section!
1. LG Octane
- Same great design and physical keyboard that was so popular with the enV series
- 3.2 MP camera with autofocus and a flash
- Solid build quality with stylish design
- 2.5mm headphone jack
- The lack of a touchscreen may bother some
The enV line of phones were some of the best in the business. They may appear to be gone, but the Octane retains the same great design, the same amazing keyboard, and the same great camera. Not only that, but it's cheaper!
2. LG Cosmos Touch
- Cool touchscreen display
- Decent physical keyboard
- 3.5mm headphone jack with a music player and an external microSD card slot come together for a great music listening experience
- 1.3 MP camera could have (and should have) been better
- The device is a little small so typing on the keyboard may be hard for some
The Cosmos Touch delivers as a mid-range messaging phone and even has some perks for music listeners. Because of this, we're willing to make an exception for it's mediocre camera.
3. Samsung Intensity II
- More stylish design over other low-end options on Verizon
- Decent physical keyboard
- Pre-loaded with Social Beat, an app that keeps you updated on all of your social networks
- Mediocre 1.3 MP camera
- Similar to the Cosmos Touch, the small keyboard may be too cramped for some
- Peculiar viewing angle on the small screen sometimes gave us a headache
The Intensity 2 may not be the best of the best, but it's a great inexpensive option. It still has a great physical keyboard and a pretty cool design, we just wish something could be done about the small display and under-specced camera.