featured
featured
PhoneDog Media Exclusive
Download iM5, now available in the App Store and Google Play. iM5 is a PhoneDog Media backed Social Platform to inspire real-life action through the crowdsourcing of ideas. See the video

Amazon Android Market

Last year, we heard some rumors about Amazon launching its own app store for Android users. Things have been a little quiet ever since, but a tweet from ad company Millennial Media has revealed that Amazon's Android store may be launching soon. Millennial Media tweeted earlier today that the app store will launch some time this month, although no further launch date info was given. In Amazon's app store, developers will keep 70 percent of the revenue from sales while Amazon will get the remaining 30 percent. The store will allow users to download apps on a mobile device, like a phone or a tablet, as well as on Amazon's own website.

Amazon's new Android app store seems like a great way for developers to help their software get attention, especially since the Android Market has been criticized in the past for being a little difficult to use for some. On the other hand, this news will almost certainly make many shout "Fragmentation!," which is kind of a bummer since Android is finally getting past the OS fragmentation issues that has plagued it in the past. What are your thoughts on Amazon's Android app store? Is it a great idea or will it end up doing more harm than good?

Via Bloomberg, Pocketnow, @MillennialMedia


Don't forget to VOTE! Each week, PhoneDog Fans vote for their #1 smartphone in the Official Smartphone Rankings. Vote now and contribute to the industry's most relevant weekly ranking charts


Related posts



Comments & discussions  




Most popular Videos
Most popular Videos
Most popular Videos

Most popular Reactions
Most popular Reactions
Most popular Reactions

This weeks "People's Choice Rankings" best smartphones
People's Choice Rankings


See all hot devices