Are you one of the owners of a Motorola Bravo on AT&T? Well then, your Saturday is about to get dramatically better. Moto today announced the release of Android 2.2 for Bravo users everywhere and, not only do you get all of the standard Froyo goodness with the update, but there are also enhancements meant specifically for the Bravo in update 37.4.0:
- Profiles: Added profiles feature that provides three customizable sets of home screens to give you access to the apps, shortcuts, and widgets you want, when you need them.
- Applications: Added new applications Files, Latitude, Places, News and Weather, Google Search.
- Dialer search: Phone numbers and contacts can now be searched from the dialer screen by entering the first few letters of the contact’s name or first few digits of the contact’s number.
- Task Manager: Added Task manager app to assist with managing apps.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn® social network accounts can now be added to integrate with contacts, social networking updates, and messaging.
- Security: Added new security features, including Exchange-based encryption and password security.
- Gallery: Updated the design of the user interface.
If your Bravo hasn't been notified of the update just yet, Moto explains that you can open up Settings, then go to "About phone," then "System updates," and finally "Download," and you should be good to go. So, Bravo owners, how does it feel to join the ever-growing group of Froyo users?
Via Android Central, Motorola