Boy, if you love Android updates, today is your lucky day. Both the HTC ThunderBolt and Nexus One began getting updates of their own over the air today, and now Motorola has announced that the Atrix 4G's 4.1.83 update is also now rolling out to users. This particular bit of software, which we first learned about last week, not only enables HSUPA on the Atrix but also brings enhanced calling functionality, an improved Skype app, and all kinds of other goodies. You can find the full change log below.
Motorola says that the Atrix 4G's update will be rolling out in stages, but if you don't feel like waiting around for it to come to your neck of the woods, you should be able to pull it down yourself by going into the "About phone" section of your device and then hitting up "System update." So, Atrix owners, how does it feel to finally upload data at 4G speeds?
- Data Speed: Increased potential data speed.
- Data Connection: Improvements to limit interruptions to data connection.
- Screen: Improvements to prevent screen from freezing.
- Email: Improved ability for users to receive email notifications so you know when you have a new message. Also, improvements were made so that you are now able to use the same email login to access both MOTOBLUR™ and YouTube.
- Skype: Improvements to call audio function so it is easier for the person you called to hear you. Please note this application is not pre-loaded on the phone, but is available for download from the Android Market.
- Wi-Fi: Increased functionality by enabling Yahoo Email to be sent over a Wi-Fi connection.
- Display: Improved International Roaming Warning Message by simplifying user notification so that it only appears on the screen when you move to a new network.
- Happenings Widget: Improved Happenings Widget to ensure that you receive the latest updates across the social networks you are connected to such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- Calling: Improvements were made to incoming and outgoing call functionality to ensure a more seamless experience.