HTC ThunderBolt software update finally begins making its way to usersAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Around a week ago, Verizon announced a new software update for the HTC ThunderBolt and said that it'd begin rolling out that same day. After a couple of days went by without anyone receiving the update, though, we began hearing that Big Red had delayed it. However, today looks like it could finally be the day, as there are several reports claiming that the update is finally being pushed out. There's been no official word from Verizon, but the update rolling out today appears to be the same one we told you about previously, which contains the following enhancements:
- Web Browsing and Data Access
- Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network.
- Email and Messaging
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.).
- Additional Device Features
- Timing for device activation has been improved.
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget.
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator™
It was never really made clear why the update didn't roll out earlier this month like Verizon said that it would, but I suppose all that matters now is that it's finally here. ThunderBolt owners, go ahead and hit up the "Software Update" section on your handset and get to downloading!
Via Android Central