Verizon announces new 4G LTE markets going live on June 16th [UPDATED]
Hot on the heels of last week's news that Verizon would be expanding its 4G LTE network to nine new markets, today the carrier has announced that another batch of areas will be getting its own LTE coverage on June 16th. Verizon has said that there will be a total of 21 new markets lit up with 4G when June 16th rolls around, which is quite a step up from the last few expansions. The markets announced so far include:
- Fresno, Sacramento, and San Francisco, Calif.
- Hartfort, Conn., and the Greater Hartford area, which includes Hartford, Middlesex, and Tolland counties.
- Boise, Idaho, including the surrounding cities of Caldwell, Eagle, Garden City, Meridian and Star.
- Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Flint, Grand Rapids, and Lansing, Mich., along with an expansion in the Detroit area that will include Ann Arbor, Brighton, Plymouth, Walled Lake, and Ypsilanti.
- Dayton and Springfield, Ohio.
- Erie, Harrisburg, and State College, Penn.
- Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C.
- Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Spokane, Wash., including Airway Heights, Liberty Lake, Mead, Otis Orchards, Spokane, Spokane Valley and the South Hill.
- Madison, Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, and Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
That's quite a roll out, no? The downside is that these markets won't technically be going live for another few weeks, although I'm sure that customers in these markets will be able to hop on the 4G LTE airwaves at some point before then. If you're one of the lucky folks cities listed above, shout it out below!
UPDATED: We've updated the list above with more cities that have been announced by Verizon.