HTC EVO 4G's Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now availableAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
HTC EVO 4G owners, the day many of you have been waiting for is here. The EVO 4G's Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is now available for manual installation, just like Sprint said it would be. After diving into the System Updates portion of your phone and installing the nearly 110MB update, you'll find Android 2.3 and a bevy of bug fixes and enhancements, the full list of which you can find below. If you don't feel like pulling the update down yourself, it'll begin rolling out over the air on Monday, June 6th, and Sprint says that all users should be notified of the update within a four-day period.
Although the EVO 4G isn't the first carrier-branded phone to be updated to Gingerbread like it was with Froyo, it's still one of the first out of the gate, which is pretty impressive for a device that'll soon be celebrating its first birthday. So, EVO 4G owners, have you moved up to Android 2.3 yet? If so, how's the update working out for you?
HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
- Fix for battery discharge issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade