HTC EVO 4G maintenance update begins rolling out
Heads up, HTC EVO 4G owners: a new maintenance update is now heading your way. Just a couple of weeks after Gingerbread came to the EVO 4G, Sprint has begun issuing a maintenance update that'll include fixes for issues with voicemail notifications, the hearing aid compatibility menu, and Netflix. The full list of improvements packed into the 25MB update is below.
Obviously this update isn't quite as exciting as the one from earlier this month that originally brought Android 2.3, but hey, it's always good to see maintenance updates arrive to patch some bugs, especially when those bugs affect something as important as Netflix. EVO 4G owners, do let us know when the 4.24.651.1 update makes its way to your neck of the woods!
HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
- Fix for battery discharge issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)
- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)
- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)