HTC DROID Incredible 2 Gingerbread update detailed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Heads up, DROID Incredible 2 owners: your update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread may soon be here. Verizon just posted a PDF document on its site detailing all of the benefits of the update, which happens to be build number 2.18.605.4. So what kinds of goodies can we expect to find inside the update? Glad you asked, my friend:
Email and Messaging
- Overall improvements to the performance of Mobile IM.
- Resolved Hotmail sync & connect issues when setting up a one day sync.
- Improvements to device connectivity when roaming on global GSM/UMTS networks.
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- Alarm notifications will be turned off while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved stability reduces device resets & lockups.
- NY Times website has been added to the browser bookmarks.
- Addition of the Wireless Charging UI (including Wallpaper and popups when the device is charging wirelessly).
- New Desktop Dock App.
Unfortuntately, there's no mention yet of exactly when the update will be rolling out, but the fact that Verizon's thrown these support docs up suggest that it'll be coming sooner rather than later. We'll let you know more we do, folks!
Via Droid-Life, Verizon