Verizon DROID Incredible 2 Gingerbread update begins making its way to usersAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Well, that didn't take long. Just a few short days after the DROID Incredible 2 had its Gingerbread update outed by Verizon, the 2.3 goodness has begun making its way to users over the air. The update weighs in at 116MB and iis build number 2.18.605.4. You can find the full list of improvements included with the update below.
If you haven't been prompted to install the update yet, head into the System Updates portion of your Settings menu and to check if it's ready to roll to your handset. If not, don't fret; as with most Verizon updates, it'll probably take a week or so for the fresh software to make its way to everywhere. Just keep hammering System Updates until the update finally makes hits your beloved device. Oh, and try to ignore the jealous looks from all of those DROID owners still waiting for their crack at Gingerbread. It'll come soon enough.
Email and Messaging
- Overall improvements to the performance of Mobile IM.
- Resolved Hotmail sync & connect issues when setting up a one day sync.
- Improvements to device connectivity when roaming on global GSM/UMTS networks.
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- Alarm notifications will be turned off while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved stability reduces device resets & lockups.
- NY Times website has been added to the browser bookmarks.
- Addition of the Wireless Charging UI (including Wallpaper and popups when the device is charging wirelessly).
- New Desktop Dock App.