T-Mobile G2 Gingerbread update begins rolling out over the air todayAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Yesterday we saw T-Mobile make the G2x's Gingerbread update official and kick off over the air update process, and today the update fun continues with the G2. T-Mobile just announced on its support forums that starting today, the G2's update to Android 2.3.3 will begin rolling out over the air to devices in the wild. The new software will be rolling out to customers in waves over the next few weeks and will include the following enhancements:
- Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
- Tell HTC
- Google Books added
- Notification bar color scheme is changed to black
- New battery indicator, phone, and web icons
- Color-coded network icon and signal indicator added. Green when connected to Google servers. Grey when not connected.
- Pressing the power key while on a call disables the proximity sensor
Fixed or improved issues:
- Wi-Fi calling improvements
- New SMS and email notification improvements
- Improvements to sending MMS from the Gallery
G2 users that'd like to check for the update manually should head into Settings, then About Phone, and then hit the Download button. Doing so won't necessarily make the update magically appear on your phone, but hey, it could be a good way to pass the time until Gingerbread makes its way to your neck of the woods. Once the update does hit your beloved G2, don't forget to come back here and let us know how it's working for you!
Via TmoNews, T-Mobile