Verizon leak reveals launch dates for the Motorola DROID Bionic, HTC Vigor, and many more?Alex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Verizon customers, if you're not already sitting down then you may want to do so. And you may want to grab a pen and your calendar while you're at it. The folks over at IGN just posted a photo of a Verizon roadmap that shows the release dates of just about every major device that Big Red will be rolling out for the next few months. There's a ton of information to go over here, so guess what? We're breaking it down bullet point-style once again:
- Samsung Stratosphere: Due September 8th, it's that mysterious 4G LTE handset we first learned about yesterday. Reportedly running Android 2.3.
- Motorola DROID Bionic: Also due September 8th. Moto CEO Sanjay Jha previously said that the Bionic would be coming next month, and it looks like the 8th will finally be DB-Day.
- BlackBerry Curve 9370: The third handset due on September 8th. This one's new to us, as we haven't heard anything about Verizon's plans for the next device in RIM's Curve line. What's surprising here isn't that Verizon will be getting the 9350, but that it could pack 4G connectivity.
- Motorola XOOM: Also coming September 8th is the 4G LTE XOOM. The current XOOM's 4G upgrade process is also scheduled to kick off on the 8th, but could begin one week earlier.
- HTC Bliss: Hitting on September 29th, this is that female-focused Android phone that's leaked a couple of times in the past. Said to be packing Android 2.3.
- Samsung Illusion: Joining the Bliss on September 29h, the Illusion is a 3G handset powered by Android 2.3.
- HTC Vigor: Coming October 5th. This is the device a lot of folks have been waiting for. Reportedly packing a 1280x720 display and 1.5GHz processor and, according to this doc, set to replace the ThunderBolt.
- LG Revolution 2: Launching October 20th, we saw the VS920 get MAPped a couple of days ago.
- Samsung Plato: Mysterious device that may be a smartphone, but could also be a dumb phone. Launch has been moved to January, so it could be a while before we solve this case.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab P8: Coming in November, it's a 4G LTE tablet that could be Verizon's version of the Galaxy Tab 8.9.
- BlackBerry PlayBook: Launch date TBD. Sounds like Verizon could still be deciding whether or not it wants to offer RIM's tablet.
Whew. There you have it, folks. As usual, nothing's official until we get confirmation from the guys and gals at Verizon and the manufacturers. However, if this doc is indeed the real deal, it looks like Big Red and its customers are going to have a busy September. When it comes to getting a flurry of hot new smartphones in such a short window of time, though, that's the kind of busy we can get excited about.
Via Droid-Life, IGN