HTC DROID Incredible Gingerbread update details posted by Verizon [UPDATED]Alex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
So much for those nasty rumors that the HTC DROID Incredible wasn't going to be updated to Gingerbread. Verizon has just posted a support document on its website detailing the Incredible's Android 2.3 update, which is build number 4.06.605.2 and weighs in at 87.8MB. Unfortunately, there's no mention of exactly when the update will begin rolling out, but we've got a list of all the goodies you'll find in it once the new software does hit:
- MMS messages send correctly.
- Properly save audio files from MMS messages.
- Successfully play audio files from a message.
- Send Vcard through a SMS message.
- Internet connection via Bluetooth® now enabled.
- VZ Navigator™ now operates over Wi-Fi.
- Change songs in the Music widget by tapping the forward button.
- Camera functions successfully without inserting SD card.
In addition to all of that, Verizon's support doc shows that Incredible owners will be bumped up to Android 2.3.4 once the dust settles and your installation completes. It's definitely good to see Verizon and HTC take care of the DROID Incredible and its owners, despite the fact that the DInc is starting to get a little long in the tooth. We'll be sure to let you know when the Incredible's update is finally made available, so stay tuned folks.
UPDATE: According to a report out of Android Central, the Incredible's Gingerbread rollout is scheduled to begin tomorrow, August 16th. It's said that 10,000 handsets will get the new software tomorrow, followed by another 50,000 on Wednesday. Every DInc owner should have the update by this Friday.