Verizon's 4G LTE network growing once again on September 15th [UPDATED]Alex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
So you're a Verizon customer that's been aching to get on your carrier's 4G LTE network, but your city has missed out on all of the expansions thus far? Perhaps you'll get lucky next month! Verizon just announced another round of markets that'll gain access to its LTE network beginning September 15th. A handful of new areas have already been announced, all of which are located in the northern and midwestern regions of the country:
- San Luis Obispo county, Calif., including areas like San Miguel, Paso Robles, Templeton, Atascadero, Downtown San Luis Obispo, and Grover Beach.
- Santa Barbara county, Calif., including areas such as Downtown Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Orcutt, Los Alamos, Buelton, Solvang, Goleta, Summerland, and Carpentaria.
- Bloomington/Normal, Ill.
- Champaign/Urbana, Ill.
- Rockford, Ill., including areas like Machesney Park, Loves Park, Belvidere, and Winnebago.
- Springfield, Ill.
- The Quad Cities of Illinois and Iowa:
- Moline, Ill.
- Rock Island, Ill.
- Davenport, Iowa
- Bettendorf, Iowa
- Iowa City, Iowa
- Shreveport, La., including areas such as Benton, Wallace Lake, Greenwood, and Eastwood.
- Kalamazoo, Mich., including the areas of Alamo, Cooper Township, Eastwood, Comstock Township, Milwood, and portions of Parchment and Portage.
- Saginaw, Mich., including the areas of Zilwaukee, Carrollton, Buena Vista, Blumfield Corners, Bridgeport, Spaulding Township, Frankenmuth, Fosters, and Birch Run.
- Moorhead, Minn.
- Reno, Nev., including the areas of Carson City, Sparks, and Virginia City.
- Las Cruces, N.M., covering the area along Interstate 10 to the New Mexico/Texas border.
- Fargo, N.D.
- Canton, Ohio, including areas like Akron-Canton Airport and the communities of Massillon, Jackson Township, Uniontown, Hartville, Alliance, Louisville, North Canton, and East Canton.
- Lima, Ohio, including the city of Van Wert, along Interstate 75 from U.S. Route 30 south to U.S. Route 33, and west from the village of Ada to the city of Delphos.
- Mansfield, Ohio including the areas north to the town of Shelby, east to Charles Mill Lake and the town of Perrysville, west to the town of Ontario, and south to the towns of Butler and Bellville.
- Austin, Texas, including cities like Round Rock, Pflugerville, Anderson Mill, McNeil, Wells Branch, Cedar Park, Brushy Creek, Bee Cave, Lakeway, Oak Hill, and Hutto.
- El Paso, Texas, covering the areas from the Texas state border north to the Loop 375 Border Highway and east to Joe Battle Boulevard.
- Wichita Falls, Texas
- San Francisco Bay Area, Calif., including areas like Scotts Valley, Aptos, Watsonville, Live Oak, and parts of Santa Cruz.
- Indianapolis, Ind. metro area, such as Carmel, Fishers, portions of Noblesville and Westfield, Interstate 69 to Cyntheanne Road, State Road 37 to State Road 38, and U.S. Highway 31 to State Road 32, and a portion of southwest Marion County.
- Cleveland, Ohio, covering communities like Elyria, Sheffield Lake, North Ridgeville, and Mentor.
It's worth mentioning that Verizon's got a habit of spreading out new 4G market announcements, so we'll be sure to keep an eye out and update this post with any new areas that'll be getting in on the LTE fun next month. Are any of you located in the cities that Verizon will be lighting up with 4G next month?
UPDATE: And just like that, Verizon's added more new markets to the September 15th lineup. The full list is available above.