HTC DROID Incredible Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling outAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
The Verizon Gingerbread update train keeps on a-rollin'! Hot on the heels of the arrival of Android 2.3 for the DROID 2 and DROID 2 Global, it's been revealed that the HTC DROID Incredible is now getting an update to Gingerbread to call its own. Verizon has said that the new software will be rolling out in phases, but you DInc owners that are eager to give the update a spin right now should head into Menu> Settings> About phone> System updates to check for it manually. The update is build number 4.06.605.2 and it weighs in at 87.8MB. You can find the full list of enhancements and fixes included with this new update down below.
HTC said last week that the DROID Incredible would be receiving an update to Gingerbread sometime this month, and it's awesome to see that the new software is already rolling out to users. There's still no word on exactly when the ThunderBolt's 2.3 update will be arriving, but HTC has said that it'll be coming this month, as well. We'll let you know more when we do. In the mean time, Incredible owners, be sure to give us a shout when you get Gingerbread up and running!
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- MMS messages send correctly.
- Properly save audio files from MMS messages.
- Successfully play audio files from a message.
- Send Vcard through a SMS message.
- Internet connection via Bluetooth® now enabled.
- VZ Navigator™ now operates over Wi-Fi.
- Change songs in the Music widget by tapping the forward button.
- Camera functions successfully without inserting SD card.
- City ID app fixed.