iPhone 4S now available for pre-order, unlocked model coming in NovemberAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Apple announced earlier this week that iPhone 4S pre-orders would go live on October 7th and, now that the 7th has finally rolled around (confirmed by my page-a-day calendar), the new iOS smartphone has indeed been put up for pre-order ahead of its October 14th launch. AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon customers can now order an iPhone 4S of their very own from their respective carrier's website as well as from Apple's own site. Pricing for all of the iPhones breaks down like this:
- iPhone 3GS (AT&T only): $0 with two-year contract, $250.99 with AT&T early upgrade, $375.99 full retail
- iPhone 4 8GB: $99.99 with two-year contract, $349.99 with early upgrade, $549.99 full retail
- iPhone 4 16GB (AT&T/Verizon only, while supplies last): $149.99 with two-year contract
- iPhone 4 32GB (AT&T/Verizon only, while supplies last): $199.99 with two-year contract
- iPhone 4S 16GB: $199.99 with two-year contract, $449.99 with AT&T early upgrade, $649.99 full retail
- iPhone 4S 32GB: $299.99 with two-year contract, $549.99 with AT&T early upgrade, $749.99 full retail
- iPhone 4S 64GB: $399.99 with two-year contract, $649.99 with AT&T early upgrade, $849.99 full retail
For those of you that would like an unlocked iPhone 4S, you can expect to pay $649, $749, or $849 for the 16, 32, or 64GB models, respectively. The unlocked 4S is expected to be available starting in November. It's worth noting that Apple says that the unlocked iPhone 4S cannot be used with Sprint or Verizon in the U.S., so anyone hoping to buy one of these devices to jump between Sprint and Verizon as you please are out of luck.
So those are all of your choices if you're in the market for a new iPhone and want a new device from a carrier or Apple. As of this writing, all three carriers still show that all 8GB iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S should be delivered on October 14th, although it's entirely possible that that could change as the day progresses. If you placed an order for either an iPhone 4 or 4S today, be sure to let us know which model you got in the comments below! And for those of you still on the fence about dropping the cash on a new iPhone, we've got links to all three carriers and Apple's own store below to tempt you.
Via Today's iPhone