LG Revolution Gingerbread update changelog posted by VerizonAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Looks like it's about time to admit the LG Revolution to Club Gingerbread. Verizon just posted the changelog for an update to the Revolution that's carrying the build number VS910ZV7 and weighs in at 87.8MB. What can Rev owners expect to find after installing the update? Besides Android 2.3 and all of the goodies it brings, the new software's packing a bevy of bug fixes, including a reshaped cursor for easier text editing and a solution for the list menu force close issue that some users may have encountered. You can find the full changelog below.
Many owners of the LG Revolution have likely been hammering away at their "System updates" button ever since the LG Esteem (nearly identical to the Rev) for MetroPCS was announced with Android 2.3 preinstalled, but it looks like hitting that update key on the Revolution is finally about to bear some fruit dessert. We haven't heard official word from Verizon on the update's rollout, but a moderator on the official LG forums has said that the new software should start rolling out today and that all devices should have it by November 2nd, so you Revolution folk may want to go to Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates > Check New to try and manually pull some Gingerbread from the sky.
Email & Messaging
- Email folders will now display in the correct order.
- The maximum attachment size is now set correctly, even when the Exchange service is configured with unlimited size attachments.
- Messages can now be stored on the SIM card. View these messages through the Settings menu, “Manage SIM card messages.”
- Correctly set Out of Office without having to set a start or end time.
- The popup message asking to delete accounts when changing theSIM card now displays correctly.
- The cursor has been reshaped for easier text editing.
- List menu force close issue has been resolved.
- Issues have been fixed involving proper connectivity through the HDMI cable.
- Data now works correctly when toggling in Airplane mode.