LG Revolution Gingerbread update now available for downloadAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Hey LG Revolution owners, remember that Gingerbread update that we told you about a few days ago? Yeah, it's now rolling out. Verizon pinged us this morning to let us know that the 87.8MB update is now available and can be downloaded by going to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check New. If you're curious about just what kinds of goodies that this new software includes, you can find the full changelog below.
The Revolution's Android 2.3 update may have taken a tad longer to arrive than I'm sure many owners of the device would've preferred, but hey, all that matters now is that it's here and that we get to admit another device to Club Gingerbread. As usual, once you Revolution folk get the new software up and running on your handset, we'd love to hear how it's working out for you. Let us know below!
Email & Messaging
- Email folders will now display in the correct order.
- The maximum attachment size is now set correctly, even when the Exchange service is configured with unlimited size attachments.
- Messages can now be stored on the SIM card. View these messages through the Settings menu, “Manage SIM card messages.”
- Correctly set Out of Office without having to set a start or end time.
- The popup message asking to delete accounts when changing theSIM card now displays correctly.
- The cursor has been reshaped for easier text editing.
- List menu force close issue has been resolved.
- Issues have been fixed involving proper connectivity through the HDMI cable.
- Data now works correctly when toggling in Airplane mode.