HTC DROID Incredible Gingerbread update begins rolling out againAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Heads up, HTC DROID Incredible owners: it looks like Verizon has begun pushing a new Gingerbread update your way. A number of users have reported that the update to Android 2.3 has been pushed to them, but by the sound of things HTC and Verizon are actually pushing two updates to DInc users: first is the original 4.06.605.2 update that weighs in at 87.8MB, and that's being followed up by a new update with the build number 4.08.605.02 that's 8.6MB in size and contains fixes for the issues that caused the original update to be yanked. The full changelog for the 4.08.605.02 update is below.
It's definitely been a while since we last heard anything about the DROID Incredible's Android 2.3 update, and I'm sure the fact that we haven't heard much about the situation ever since the original update was pulled hasn't made the wait any easier for all of the DInc users hungry for some Gingerbread. If you're an Incredible owner, be sure to give us a shout in the comments section when the updates make it to your neck of the woods!
Device Features, Improvements and Fixes
- Improved Bluetooth® functionality.
- Resolved issues with voice command.
- Updated Hardware information with correct screen dimensions.
- Resolved issue with “Verizon” category in Android Market.
- Resolved issue with Location dialog pop-up after a restart.
- GPS now defaults to “Off” after a hard reset.
Email & Messaging
- Mobile-Originated Short Message Services (MO-SMS) no longer shows as unread in the messaging counter.
- Resolved issue with SMS due to low memory.
- Fixed issue with Exchange account sync when background data is disabled.
Applications & Widgets
- Resolved issue with apps loaded on SD card not working or displaying.
- Configuration of Backup Assistant and Location Consent will now appear in the “Setup App”.