Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket experiences takeoff malfunction, explodes in man's pocketAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Everyone knows that rockets can be dangerous thanks to their propellant, exhaust and things of that nature. However, one xda-developers forum member recently discovered that Skyrockets can also be a tad hazardous. User Silly22 claims that his friend's Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket recently exploded while simply resting in the owner's pocket, burning the device and nearly injuring the the friend in the process. "He said he heard a sound, a burning sensation on his leg and as he pulled this piece of junk out of his pocket he smelled burning," Silly22 reports. The user goes on to say that the device had been sitting in its owner's pocket for a while and was only two weeks old at the time of the malfunction.
Although this explosion is likely an uncommon occurrence, it's still kind of scary to think about your handset randomly exploding while just sitting there in your pocket. (Or worse, while against your ear.) The good news is that it doesn't sound like the owner of this particular device was hurt. And hey, now you can use this story as a reason to use your pull out your phone and check it as often as you'd like. "I know I'm on my phone a lot, but I just want to make sure it doesn't spontaneously explode like that one Galaxy S II Skyrocket!" Feel free to use that line, by the way.