HTC ThunderBolt update detailed by Verizon, contains a handful of bug fixesAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
A new software update will be headed your way soon, HTC ThunderBolt owners! And although there aren't any ice cream sandwiches to be found inside, there are a few new bug fixes as well as a new baseband version. The new software is version number 2.11.605.9 and weighs in at 36.152MB. So what kinds of goodies does the update contain? Here's the changelog, straight from Verizon:
- Resolved issue with contact ringtones.
- Improvements to notification volume.
- Updated local streaming playback mechanism when network connection is not available.
Apps & Widgets
- Updated Twitter API for Peep/FriendStream.
- Clock app included in All App list.
- Improvements in Exchange ActiveSync.
Certainly not the biggest update ever, but we're not ones to complain about getting a batch of bug fixes even if it is a small one. Although we've yet to get word from Verizon on when 2.11.605.9 might be rolling out to ThunderBolt owners everywhere, the device's support page says that it's "coming soon," so you TBolters out there may want to head into Settings > Software update > Check new to see if it's already available. Don't forget to give us a shout in the comments if you find anything!