Motorola DROID RAZR, Casio G'zOne Commando software updates detailed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Verizon announced earlier today that it's working on a fix for the Galaxy Nexus's signal strength issue, but that's not the only Android handset in Big Red's lineup that'll soon be treated to a software update. Documents posted on Verizon's website show that both the Motorola DROID RAZR and Casio G'zOne Commando are due for some bug-fixing updates. On the RAZR side of things, users can expect goodies like a fix for the handset's SIM card error notification as well as improved 3G and 4G data connectivity. Want the full changelog? We've got it for you:
- SIM Error notification has been fixed.
- Improved camera features and quality.
- Improved stability of menu access, Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player to prevent Force Close errors and lockups.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Updated group message notification.
- Improvement in 3G/4G data connectivity.
- Maintain network connection upon completion of a voice call.
Applications & Widgets
- Background color has been adjusted to improve readability in Lapdock™ connection UI menu items.
Meanwhile, the Commando is set to get even tougher thanks to the C771M080 update that packs in Android security patches as well as a fix for errors that occurred when opening the device's email app. The full changelog for Casio's ruggedized handset can be found below.
Sounds like a pretty nice pair of updates, especially for all of the DROID RAZR owners out there that have been running into problems with their SIM cards. We've yet to get official word on when the RAZR's update might begin rolling out, but one G'zOne Commando owner has reported that that device's new software has already made its way to his household. Own a RAZR or Commando and want to check for the update yourself? Grab your phone and head into Settings > About phone > System updates and try your luck. Just don't forget to holler at us in the comments below if your hunt bears any tasty update fruit.
- Android Security patches have been added.
- Improved user interaction with display while proximity sensor is activated.
- Updated clock widget.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Fixed errors when opening the native email app.
- Improved keystroke performance when composing an email.
Applications & Widgets
- Enabled Netflix compatibility with Gingerbread OS version of device software.
- VZ Navigator™ 3D City downloads.