Motorola DROID RAZR software update now rolling outAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Motorola DROID RAZR owners will likely want to fire up ye olde Software Update on this fine Thursday morning, as Motorola has announced that that update we learned about earlier this week is now rolling out. The new software contains quite a few bug fixes and enhancements, including improved data connectivity and a patch for those pesky SIM error notifications that some users have been encountering. The full changelog for the 57MB update is available below.
- SIM Error notification has been fixed.
- Improved camera features and quality.
- Improved stability of menu access, Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player to prevent Force Close errors and lockups.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Updated group message notification.
- Improvement in 3G/4G data connectivity.
- Maintain network connection upon completion of a voice call.
Applications & Widgets
- Background color has been adjusted to improve readability in Lapdock™ connection UI menu items.
If the update hasn't made its way to your neck of the woods yet, you can check for it right now by going to Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. Considering the improvements to data connectivity and camera performance that the update packs in, it sounds like this is one that you RAZR folk will want to jump on ASAP. Be sure to give us a shout in the comments section once you get the update installed to let us know if the new software's made your RAZR any sharper than it was before.