Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930, Torch 9850 OS 7.1 updates are coming soonAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Remember that BlackBerry 7.1 update that Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 users on Sprint got treated to last month? It looks Verizon customers will soon be joining the OS 7.1 party, as Big Red has updated the support pages for its 9930 and 9850 to show that the same update is coming soon to those models. Just like the update for the Sprint 'Berrys, the Verizon version brings with it mobile hotspot functionality, as well as a handful of bug fixes. The full changelog for the update is as follows:
- Device will no longer repeatedly indicate that new software has been installed.
- Device will no longer reset while connected to a charging source.
- Device displays the correct wireless service provider while making calls or sending text messages.
- While in a global roaming condition, connect to a previously registered CDMA network without experiencing lengthy search periods.
- Improvements in home screen responsiveness and reduced touch screen lockups.
- No longer experience delays in audio reception or unexpected call termination.
- Improvements in device stability during Push to Talk calls.
- Device will no longer restart unexpectedly when making a Push to Talk call to a newly created group.
- Improvements to audio quality during playback for audio files downloaded using the V CAST application.
- The zoom in and zoom out function on the browser application renders the page properly.
- When downloading an application, the device will display the correct number of bytes being downloaded.
- Device now supports Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS).
- Device now supports Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot (MHS).
Email & messaging
- Duplicate text messages will no longer display in the Messaging application.
- Improvements in Visual Voice Mail.
Not a bad way to head into the weekend, right Verizon 9930 and 9850 users? If you've got one of the aforementioned devices and haven't been notified of the update, don't fret! Verizon hasn't specifically said when the update will begin rolling out, and these things take time. However, for those of you that absolutely, positively need to have 7.1 the moment it's available, you can check for it by going to Options > Device > Software Updates. Just don't forget to let us know how the new software is treating you after you're done doing your update dance, alright?