HTC Rezound software update detailed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Own an HTC Rezound? Then you'll be thrilled to hear that an update will soon be headed your way. Verizon recently updated its support documents for the Rezound to show that an update will be "coming soon" and will bump the device up to software version 2.01.605.11 and baseband version 0.95.00.1118r. As usual, we've got the full changelog for your perusal:
- Updated signal strength meter to 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI).
- Screen Timeout issues while connected to Wi-Fi have been resolved.
- Resolved issue with Mobile Hotspot data stalling while multiple users are connected.
- Improved audio quality during voice call.
- Reduced forced closures related to the People application.
- Improved device stability reduces continuous resets.
Email, Messaging and Data
- Resolved issue with Task Manager stopping Mail background service.
No, there's no Ice Cream Sandwich to be found in there, but the bug fixes and enhancements contained within are still welcome. The rollout start date for this update is still a mystery, but Verizon promises that it's coming soon. We'll keep an eye out for word from HTC or Verizon about the Rezound update. If any of you owners of the Beats-packin' handset get a new software notification in the next few days, be sure to let us know about it, k?