Motorola DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX update detailed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Good news for owners of a Verizon device with the words "DROID RAZR" in its name, as the folks at Big Red have posted support documents for an update that's headed for both the Motorola DROID RAZR and the DROID RAZR MAXX. The update, which is version number 6.12.173, is the same for both devices and is listed as "coming soon" (or, more accurately, "COMING SOON!") on Verizon's support page. We've got the full changelog of the update available for your perusal down below.
We've yet to hear from Motorola or Verizon on when the 151.8MB update will begin rolling out to users, but those of you eager to check the new software out can check for it manually by going to Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. Overall it sounds like a pretty beefy update that brings with it things like a preloaded V CAST App and improved stability when flipping between home screens. Improved stability is always good, right? We'll keep our ears to the ground for info on when the update will be rolling out. If you're a RAZR or RAZR MAXX owner and you manage to pull the update, be sure to give us a shout in the comments, k?
- Mobile Hotspot will now successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites.
- Improvements in the Mobile Hotspot security.
- VZ Navigator® has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
- Visual Voice Mail Updates:
- Visual Voice Mail messages can be marked as read.
- Visual Voice Mail message playback resumes when audio is switched to speaker.
- Visual Voice Mail will successfully subscribe or unsubscribe while connected with Wi-Fi.
- Successfully press back key after playback in Visual Voice Mail without error.
- V CAST App now comes preloaded.
- MotoCast installation steps have been improved for easier use.
- Improved stability of data connectivity after Airplane Mode is disabled.
- Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments.
- Improved Battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® headsets.
- Successfully save multimedia ringtones.
- Favorite Contacts widget has been updated.
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels.
- Email icon has been updated for improved visibility.
- When performing an Over the Air (OTA) update, the display will correctly show the remaining download time.
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) feature has been added.