Motorola DROID RAZR, RAZR MAXX update begins making its way to usersAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Own a Motorola DROID RAZR or DROID RAZR MAXX? You may want to mosey on into the system updates portion of your handset, as the folks at Android Central are reporting that that 6.12.173 update that we told you about last week has begun making its way to users. The 151.8MB update packs in a fairly sizable list of enhancements and bug fixes, including a bump up to Android 2.3.6, improved stability when moving between home screens and improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G areas. We've got the full changelog ready and waiting for you down below.
All in all this looks like a pretty worthwhile update for you folks with the DROID RAZR or its MAXX-ed brother. If the update hasn't pushed its way to your neck of the woods just yet, you can check for it manually by heading into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates on your trusty handset. Be patient if it's not yet there. After all, these rollouts can take time. Once you do get the update, though, why not celebrate by heading into our comments section below and telling us all about how it's working for you? After all, part of the fun of getting new software is sharing the good news with others.
- Mobile Hotspot will now successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites.
- Improvements in the Mobile Hotspot security.
- VZ Navigator® has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
- Visual Voice Mail Updates:
- Visual Voice Mail messages can be marked as read.
- Visual Voice Mail message playback resumes when audio is switched to speaker.
- Visual Voice Mail will successfully subscribe or unsubscribe while connected with Wi-Fi.
- Successfully press back key after playback in Visual Voice Mail without error.
- V CAST App now comes preloaded.
- MotoCast installation steps have been improved for easier use.
- Improved stability of data connectivity after Airplane Mode is disabled.
- Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments.
- Improved Battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® headsets.
- Successfully save multimedia ringtones.
- Favorite Contacts widget has been updated.
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels.
- Email icon has been updated for improved visibility.
- When performing an Over the Air (OTA) update, the display will correctly show the remaining download time.
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) feature has been added.