Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2 and 10.1, XOOM and Casio G'zOne Commando updates outed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
It seems that Verizon is in the mood for some updates, as the carrier has detailed software bumps for a number of Android devices on its various support pages. First up we've got the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2 and 10.1, which are set to receive updates that are actually fairly similar to one another. The difference between the two is that the XYBOARD 10.1's update will include improved touch response that also packs in stylus enhancements. Outside of that, both 8.2-inch and 10.1-inch XYBOARD users can expect goodies like enhanced browser performance and global roaming support. The full changelog for the XYBOARD 10.1's update (again, the XYBOARD 8.2's is the same save for the inclusion of stylus enhancements) can be found below.
Next up is the 4G LTE-enabled Motorola XOOM. This one is identified as build HLK75H and is a pretty minor maintenance update that'll bring with it support for dual International Mobile Subscriber Identities for enhanced international travel as well as a fix to help restore data connectivity after exiting airplane mode.
The final Verizon device that's due for an update is the Casio G'zOne Commando, which will be on the receiving end of a number of fixes and enhancements. One of the most notable tweaks is the addition of push-to-talk, a feature that Verizon says will be made available for no extra charge. For the Commando's full changelog, mosey on down to the bottom of this post.
That's an awful lot of updates, but hey, we're not ones to complain about getting new software to tinker with, no matter how big or small the update is. It's especially nice to see Verizon continue to support the G'zOne Commando with a bevy of fixes and even a new feature. As usual, if you've got one (or more) of the aforementioned Verizon devices, be sure to swing by our comments section below once the applicable update makes its way to your neck of the woods. We'll be here waiting.
Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1
- Enhanced browser performance to improve scrolling.
- Improved Touch Response that includes Stylus enhancements.
- Maintain data connection when switching between Wi-Fi and the Verizon 3G and 4G LTE networks.
- Successfully connect to 4G LTE network and see the 4G LTE indicator.
- The Daily application now comes preloaded.
- Device is now capable of Global Roaming.
Email & Messaging
- Successfully open links in email messages without device needing to reboot.
- Keyboard function supported in docking station.
- The device will now support dual International Mobile Subscriber Identities (IMSI) to enhance International travel for mobile users.
- Data connectivity will properly restore after disabling Airplane Mode.
Casio G'zOne Commando
- Push to Talk is now available at no additional monthly charge. To enable, see directions below.
- Google Mobile Services has been updated to Gingerbread R8.
- Improvements in security with the latest Google Security Patch.
- Alert message has been added for zoom functionality when picture quality reaches the maximum (5.0 MP).
- A new, enhanced Verizon Video Application will replace the current V CAST Video app.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Successfully delete emails without delay.
- Text messaging and multimedia messaging signatures have been added.
- Correctly enter your PIN/Password in Lotus Traveler without error.
- Keep the screen locked after a call is ended via a Bluetooth® headset to avoid unexpected dialing in the pocket.
- LED flash for missed call or text has been added back.