Motorola DROID X set to receive software update, changelog posted by VerizonAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Looks like the Samsung Continuum isn't the only Verizon Android handset that's due for an update. Today Big Red updated its Motorola DROID X support page to show that an update is "coming soon" to the 4.3-inch smartphone that'll bring with it a boatload of bug fixes and improvements, including better browser security and a reduction in "Out of Memory" error messages. The update is version 4.5.621 and weighs in at 15.2MB. As usual, we've got the full changelog ready and waiting for you down below.
Good news, right DROID X owners? This update may not be of the Ice Cream Sandwich variety, but it is a pretty substantial bug fixer, and it's nice to see Motorola and Verizon continue to show some love to the original DX. Just like as we've seen with Verizon updates in the past, there's no word yet on when this particular bit of new software will be rolling out to DROID Xs everywhere, but you can bet that you'll be the first ones we tell when we get more information. How many of you out there are still rocking a DROID X?
Over the Air Updates
- Prevents lockups or resets after the Over the Air (OTA) update.
- OTA update notice screen displays the correct estimated update time.
- Improved browser security with the Google Security Patch from Android 2.3.6.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Improved stability of Music Player reduces resets.
- Shortcuts to applications remain on the device even after applications are moved to the SD card.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Improved connectivity with 3G Mobile Hotspot data connectivity.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
- Corrected errors where Yahoo! mail notifications were not displayed properly.
- Reduced duplicate message errors.
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Sorted contact groups.
- Device recognizes Multimedia ringtones after purchase.
- Button background lighting turns off while in the desktop cradle.