iPad 3 announcement date; Android 4.0 update schedule; BlackBerry 10 pics; HTC Endeavor and more!Sydney Myers - Teen Lifestyle Editor
Last week was an exciting week because it was filled with important leaks. Not only did we see the usual leaks on some future Android phones, but we also saw pictures of Motorola's first Intel-powered smartphone with Android 4.0 which also gave us a look at what Motorola's UI may end up looking like on top of Ice Cream Sandwich. On top of that, we also saw several new pictures of BlackBerry 10, the new OS to save BlackBerry. The pictures look great. The OS looks modern, clean, and light. BlackBerry in its current state is serious and lacks design. This new version is fresh and features new additions like widgets and new app icons. Will it be enough to save BlackBerry? Well, it already looks like something I'd want to at least try out, so I'm sure RIM has high hopes for it.
Perhaps the news that most people are interested in is iPad 3 news. When are we going to see it? What will it look like? What size will the display be? Everyone wants to know the answers to those questions. Of course, we won't really know until someone from Apple gets on stage and tells us, but until then, we have plenty of rumors and speculation to go on. The new rumors give an announcement date of March 7th, information that it will be an LTE device on Verizon and AT&T, and that there may be an 8-inch version of the tablet. Most of these rumors coincide with rumors we've heard in the past so there's a big chance they could be true. I'm a little skeptical about the 8-inch version rumor, but we discussed that during the show. We finished up with an open Q&A.
PhoneDog Live Podcast #39
Timeline of topics:
- 2:05 LG CX2 specs and pictures leaked
- 5:18 LG X3 specs leaked
- 7:42 LG Optimus Vu picture leaked
- 12:00 HTC Endeavor and Ville details, specs, and new names
- 18:39 Leaked picture of Motorola's first Intel-powered smartphone
- 21:04 Motorola releases new update schedule for Android 4.0
- Motorola's Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade time frame is absurd
- 28:32 Android 5.0 Jelly Bean rumored to be launching in Q2 2012
- 30:15 Leaked BlackBerry 10 images tease widgets
- 34:41 iPad 3 announcement date, display size, specs, etc.
- 39:29 BlackBerry Torch Challenge update
- 41:32 Open Q&A