All of you Motorola DROID X owners out there may want to check your handset for a new update, as it looks like some new software is now rolling out to the DX that ought to make your weekend just a little bit better. We first got wind of this 15.2MB update one week ago, and owners of the original X will be glad to know that it brings a bevy of bug fixes to the device. You can find the full changelog for the 4.5.621 upgrade down below.
The DROID X isn't exactly the freshest handset to be rolled out by the folks at Motorola and Verizon, but it's good to see the two companies continue to show the 4.3-incher some love, especially considering just how large this latest update is. If you've got an X and haven't yet gotten notified of the upgrade, head on into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates to check for it manually. Once you get it up and running, why not celebrate by heading on down to the comments section below and telling us how it's working for you? We're all ears.
Over the Air Updates
- Prevents lockups or resets after the Over the Air (OTA) update.
- OTA update notice screen displays the correct estimated update time.
- Improved browser security with the Google Security Patch from Android 2.3.6.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Improved stability of Music Player reduces resets.
- Shortcuts to applications remain on the device even after applications are moved to the SD card.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Improved connectivity with 3G Mobile Hotspot data connectivity.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
- Corrected errors where Yahoo! mail notifications were not displayed properly.
- Reduced duplicate message errors.
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Sorted contact groups.
- Device recognizes Multimedia ringtones after purchase.
- Button background lighting turns off while in the desktop cradle.
Via Android Central