PhoneDog Media takes smartphone awards to the next level with the "Official Smartphone Rankings"™The PhoneDog - Mascot
MT. PLEASANT, SC - PhoneDog Media this week introduced the "Official Smartphone Rankings,"™ consisting of two weekly rankings charts as voted on by users and a panel of mobile technology experts. The Official Smartphone Rankings program is designed to be the industry standard for how smartphones are historically ranked on a weekly basis, akin to what the Billboard Charts are for Music, or the Nielson Ratings are for TV.
With new mobile devices being introduced on a daily basis, consumers are continually trying to determine which are the best devices at any given time. The Official Smartphone Rankings will provide consumers with a clear picture of how people and industry experts are rating available devices in the marketplace today. In addition to the rankings, users will be able to view hundreds of recent reviews, how the devices are currently trending, and view a summary of how each of their favorite tech reviewers voted for their top five phones.
"I'm excited about PhoneDog's Official Smartphone Rankings," said Aaron Baker, Editor-in-Chief of PhoneDog. "With this revolutionary new website feature, we'll be able to provide collective expert opinions while allowing everyone’s voice to be heard in true PhoneDog style.”
Voting results will be published at /rankings every Monday morning by 10:00 AM Eastern time.
“After months of development, we are proud to establish the first weekly rankings charts for smartphones. Between our engaged audience and the panel of experts, the Official Smartphone Rankings is poised to become the most relevant ranking charts available to consumers,” said Tom Klein, CEO of PhoneDog.
Factoids for each ranking chart:
People’s Choice Rankings
- Any user with a valid Facebook or Twitter account can submit a vote each week
- Votes are tallied each week starting from 12:01am Monday through the following Sunday at Midnight Eastern Time
- Weekly results are updated and published every Monday at 10:00 AM Eastern time
- After votes are cast, users can continue to rank individual device features and submit detailed reviews
Mobile Tech Expert Rankings
- A select group of mobile tech experts votes for their Top 5 overall devices each week
- A point system is used to determine the combined voting of the experts, with 5 points being awarded for each experts #1 choice, 4 points for the #2 selection, down to the each expert’s #5 selection receiving 1 point
- Each expert submits a summary on their voting perspective
- Each editor’s voting history can be viewed under their respective profile
- Weekly results are published every Monday at 10:00 AM Eastern time
PhoneDog Media's Official Smartphone Rankings can be accessed from PhoneDog.com or directly at /rankings and voting can be completed using login credentials from Facebook, Twitter, or the PhoneDog website.