Motorola DROID Pro set to receive a software update soonAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Looks like the Motorola DROID Pro will soon be treated to an update just like its DROID X2 brother. Verizon has posted information about a DROID Pro update on the device's support page, including a full changelog for the new software. The update will bump the DPro to software version 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US and packs in the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Improved security with DigiNotar security patch.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset after an Over the Air update.
- Device will no longer automatically power on after it has been powered off.
- Pressing the spacebar key will no longer cause the device to lockup.
- Improvements to keyboard backlighting.
Email & Messaging:
- Smart Forwarding will no longer cause forwarded messages to remain in the Outbox.
Applications & Widgets:
- V CAST Apps is now updated to version 2.00.54.
- VZ Navigator® is now updated to version 18.104.22.1681.
Unsurprisingly, there are no ice cream sandwiches to be found in this 19.9MB update. There is a decent number of tweaks that should make you and your DROID Pro happy after installation, though, including one for a bug where pressing the space bar will apparently cause the phone to lock up. Verizon says that the update is "coming soon" but hasn't offered up any other details on its rollout. As usual, you can bet that we'll let you know more when we get it, but those of you that want to pass the time by checking for the update manually can do so by heading into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. Who out there is toting around a DROID Pro and looking forward to this new update?