LG Revolution update coming, includes Verizon Remote Diagnostics softwareAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Heads up, LG Revolution owners. Verizon has updated its Revolution support page to show that a new update will soon be making its way to the 4.3-inch handset that'll bring with it a handful fixes and enhancements. One of the most notable inclusions is the Verizon Remote Diagnostics tool, which will allow Verizon support staff to remotely view a user's device (with his or her permission) in order to aid in troubleshooting any issues that may be present. The full changelog for the VS910VZ8 update is available below.
This new software may not bring with it a bump to Ice Cream Sandwich, but it does look like a pretty beefy maintenance update, so that's something that Revolution owners can be happy about. Verizon says that the 58.2MB update is coming soon. Anyone with a Revolution that wants to try and pass the time by manually checking for the update over and over and over can do so by going into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates > Check New. Otherwise you can just wait until we hear more about the update's rollout, at which point you can bet we'll pass along the information to you. How many of you are rocking a Revolution?
- Enhanced customer support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
- New customer care solution to improve device issue diagnosis during customer support calls. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless Customer Care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for troubleshooting and application demonstrations.
- Resolved reboot issue found during operating system upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread.
- Playing AVI video files through HDMI no longer causes display to flicker.
- Placing an alarm on snooze while on a voice call will set snooze to 5 minutes.
- Dolby presets have been updated to use loudness, bass and spaciousness to improve the user’s experience.
- When placing the device into Airplane Mode, the 4G icon no longer appears.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Sending a text message to a 7 digit number will display as sent and received.
- Improved device messaging to fix delays or incomplete sends.
- Pressing the back key while browsing will take the user back to the previous page.
Applications & Widgets
- Verizon Video is now preloaded.
- Calendar widget now displays correct month for November.