Samsung DROID Charge FP1 update coming soon, packs in Verizon Remote Diagnostics toolAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Looks like the Samsung DROID Charge is due for a software update soon and, like the upgrade that's headed to the LG Revolution, it'll bring with it Verizon's Remote Diagnostics tool. The software allows a Verizon support rep to remotely view a customer's device (with his or her permission, of course) to help troubleshoot an issue or demonstrate an app. Besides the diagnostics tool, the DROID Charge's FP1 update includes goodies like an updated UI and upgrades for VZNavigator and several Google apps. Want the full changelog? We've got it ready and waiting for you below.
Sound good, Chargers? Maintenance updates like these may not be the most exciting things in the world, but the bug fixes that they often include do aim to help your devices run more smoothly, and that's always a good thing. Verizon says that the DROID Charge's FP1 update is "coming soon," so you folks that have the handset should begin keeping an eye out for an update notification. Be sure to shout out in the comments below when FP1 charges onto your Charge!
- Updated User Interface (UI).
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- No longer receive a promotional notification popup when using Mobile Hotspot.
- Device allows for USB tethering while in Wi-Fi mode.
- No longer lose data connectivity when the USB cable is connected or disconnected.
- Easily view data activity with the Wi-Fi icon located in the status bar.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and/or one-way audio noises.
- Resolved “no tones” dial pad issue, allowing for easy access to voice mail and other automated systems.
Applications & Widgets:
- Receive enhanced customer support with the Verizon Remote Diagnostics (VRD) application.
- This application, with customer approval, allows VZW Customer Care to remotely view the device for troubleshooting, device training and application demonstrations.
- VZ Navigator® is now updated to version 184.108.40.206.
- The Google Mobile Services (GMS) package includes updated Google Books, Market and Gmail applications.
- Default browser landing page is now www.google.com.
- Updates protect device from data loss caused by some 3rd party Android Market™ applications.
- Desk-dock crash issue resolved.