Heads up, Nexus S 4G owners! Sprint just announced that the Nexus S 4G's update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is now available. The update is build IMM76D and brings with it a bump up to Android 4.0 and all of the goodies that that entails, including Android Beam and new lock screen actions. The full changelog provided by Sprint looks like this:
Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Upgrades device operating system to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys
- Contacts application replaced with a People application that provides improved integration with Gmail, Email, Google+ and other apps
- Multitasking allows users easy access to switch between recently used applications by tapping and holding the Home key
- Create folders on the home screen by dragging and dropping one app onto another to create a folder
- New lock screen actions allow users to jump into the camera or pull down notifications to check messages, without unlocking the device
- Swiping from left to right can dismiss individual notifications, close apps from the recent apps list, and close browser tabs
- Data usage provide controls for monitoring and managing network data usage
- Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed
- Android Beam allows two NRC-enabled devices to exchange favorite apps, contacts, music, videos and more
Sounds good to me. Sprint mentions that all Nexus S 4G owners should receive the ICS update in the next month. If you don't feel like waiting, though, you can head on into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates to try and grab the update manually. The Android 4.0 upgrade may have come a little later to the Nexus S 4G than it did to other devices, but hey, at least it's finally here, right? Once you Nexus S 4G folk get ICS installed, be sure to swing by our comments section below so that you can tell us all about it.