HTC Trophy software update now making its way to usersAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Good news for all of you HTC Trophy owners on Verizon, as it appears that the software update that we told you about earlier this week has begun rolling out. Trophy users have begun receiving notifications alerting them to the fact that the update is available, and once that notification hits users will need to plug their handset into their computer and upgrade to the new software using the Zune (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac) clients. In case you missed the post from Monday, here's the Verizon's changelog for the update:
- Improved Voice Mail notifications when traveling outside the U.S.
- Enhanced Cellebrite contact transfer performance.
- Improvements in keyboard performance prevent keyboard from disappearing while typing.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Improved device performance when downloading large software update files.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Original messages will be included when replying or forwarding an email via an Exchange 2003 server.
- Improvements in text messaging performance.
The Trophy may be the only Windows Phone available on Verizon, but it's good to see that at least Big Red is keeping its sole WP7 handset up to date. This new update, which is software version 2305.13.20402.605, is definitely one that Trophy owners will want to load onto their handsets, if only to gain the fix for that pesky bug that can cause the software keyboard to disappear. If you've got a Trophy, go ahead and plug that sucker into your computer and get to updating. Just remember to swing by the comments once you're done to tell us all about how the update is working for you.