Verizon announces another group of 4G LTE network expansionsAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Remember a week ago when we told you about a number of Verizon 4G LTE network expansions and enhancements that had been scheduled? Well Verizon has made several more announcements since, detailing many more markets that'll be seeing expanding or enhanced LTE coverage soon and also revealing a few cities that'll be joining the Verizon 4G party in the near future. Like last time, the list is fairly sizable, and you can find the whole thing down below.
Last month Verizon celebrated the fact that its LTE network had spread to over 200 markets and said that it plans to expand its LTE coverage to 400 markets by the end of this year. While we'll have to wait until December 31st before we find out whether or not that'll actually happen, it's obvious that the carrier is definitely hard at work growing its 4G network. So, any of you in one of the markets that'll soon be seeing new or expanded Verizon LTE coverage?
- Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, Monterey, Sacramento, Salinas, San Francisco Bay Area, San Luis Obispo and Stockton, Calif. (coming weeks)
- Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla. (later this month)
- Reno, Nev. (coming weeks)
- Greater Columbus, Ohio area (April 19th)
- Cleveland, Ohio (April 19th)
- Goffstown, N.H.
- Loudon, N.H.
- Visalia, Calif. (coming weeks)
- Ocala, Fla. (later this month)
- Salisbury, Md. (April 19th)
- Sandusky, Ohio (April 19th)