Motorola DROID RAZR, RAZR MAXX and DROID 4 updates outed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Looks like some of Verizon's latest DROID family members will soon be treated to a new software update. Verizon today announced that the Motorola DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX and DROID 4 will all be receiving updates soon that'll bring a number of enhancements and bug fixes. The updates for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX are software version 6.12.181 while the DROID 4's new software is version 6.13.219. Interested in finding out exactly what the contents of both updates are? You can find the full changelogs down below.
As you can see below, both updates are of the maintenance variety, but they bring some pretty worthwhile enhancements to the three Motorola-made handsets. The pair of RAZRs will get improved stability and a fix to make the 4G indicator correctly show data connectivity, while DROID 4 folk can expect improved battery life and Wi-Fi connectivity. Sounds good all around. Verizon says that it'll be pushing the updates "soon," but if you've got one of these three devices and want to check for them manually, you can do just that by going into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. Don't forget to give us a shout once you get a taste of the update goodness!
Motorola DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by third parties.
- Device is now updated with IPv6.
- As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
Email, Messaging & Data:
- Improved text message delivery.
Applications & Widgets:
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverability of MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.
Motorola DROID 4
- Enhanced loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Power On function has been fixed.
- Improved battery life.
- Improvements made to reduce touch screen lockups, device sluggishness and blank screen lockups.
- Keypad backlight only launches when needed.
Applications & Widgets
- Successfully receive Visual Voice Mail notifications.
- MotoCast™ widget can be added to home screen and thumbnail view.
- Improved text message delivery when using the Messaging application.
- Improvements to Wi-Fi connectivity.